Premier Dentist in Northbrook, IL Provides Cosmetic Bonding Services
Are you interested in cosmetic dental bonding from the leading dentist in Northbrook, IL? Our Northbrook dental bonding has helped thousands to restore functionality and a pleasing look to their teeth. Dental bonding is when a tooth-colored resin material is applied and hardened with a special light, allowing the material to “bond” to the tooth. There are many situations and conditions in which cosmetic bonding might be an excellent choice. With this procedure Dr. Kacel, a premiere dentist in Northbrook dental care, has improved the smiles of thousands of his patients, improving their oral health and look of their smile.
When Is Cosmetic Bonding Used?
Cosmetic bonding is used in a wide variety of different situations to improve the look and functionality of teeth. The resin material is durable and matches the look and feel of your natural teeth. Some of the different ways in which cosmetic bonding is typically used include:
- Repair decayed teeth. When teeth decay, they lose their natural look and may become discolored. Repairing decayed teeth helps to return them to their natural look and functionality.
- Repair chipped teeth. Teeth can easily become chipped or cracked. Something as simple as a small tumble could potentially lead to a tooth chipping. Repairing chipped teeth is easy with cosmetic bonding, returning your tooth to its original look prior to the chipping or cracking.
- Whiten discolored teeth. Cosmetic bonding is often used to improve the look of discolored teeth than cannot be whitened through other procedures.
- Change the shape or size of teeth. Cosmetic bonding can lengthen, widen, and close gaps between teeth. This is great for individuals that would like to improve their tooth-to-gum ratio, or change the shape of irregularly shaped teeth.
- Protect teeth when gums recede. There are several conditions that can cause gums to recede, and cosmetic bonding is often an excellent choice for individuals that would like to protect the portion of the tooth that has become exposed.
What Does Cosmetic Bonding Entail?
Cosmetic bonding appointments typically last about an hour in total, with some procedures finishing in half that time. Our Northbrook dental bonding procedures are generally completed in one to two visits. The teeth are prepared for the bonding procedure, and sometimes anesthesia is used, although it is often only required when dealing with extremely decayed teeth.
At the start of the procedure, the surface of the tooth is roughened to give it a sandpaper-like texture. Then bonding liquid is applied to the teeth. Under special lighting that is used to activate the liquid, the liquid allows the tooth to bond with the resin material, creating a clean and consistent bond that looks like a natural tooth.
If you are interested in cosmetic bonding, do not hesitate to contact our office today and schedule your initial appointment. Dr. Kacel is a premiere dentist in Northbrook, IL, that has been offering his services throughout the area for more than 33 years.
Want to know how Invisalign Northbrook benefits your teeth as well? Click here.