Getting ready to have your photo taken for your holiday greeting cards? Or maybe you simply want your smile to be dazzling all of the time. Well, your dentist in Northbrook, IL has some tips to make your teeth sparkle:
• Make sure that you smile from your eyes. That kind of confidence comes after your Northbrook dentist Steven Kacel DDS, MAGD, FADI has whitened your teeth. Your Northbrook dentist will tell you, however, that until then, you should steer clear of white clothing since white diminishes the brightness of your teeth.
• The color of your clothing can temporarily help diminish the yellow of not-so-bright teeth. Stay away from clothing in shades of yellow, orange and brown. Unfortunately, if you have been told your skin tone is “warm”, nothing other that having your teeth whitened by Dr. Kacel your dentist in Northbrook can help you to be able to wear your most flattering colors.
• Since blue is on the opposite end of the color chart from the brightness-stealing yellows and oranges, wearing dark or medium blues will make those “pearly whites” appear whiter. Just remember to keep those baby blues where they belong—in the nursery.
• You’ve heard red is an empowering color. Red not only makes you feel more powerful but it visually brightens your teeth so your smile is more confident. If you absolutely must wear a white shirt or blouse, pair it up with a red necktie or scarf. This will help offset the yellowing that the white shirt creates.
• The shade of lipstick that you wear is an excellent temporary tooth whitening fix since it is right next to your teeth. Look for blue-toned lipstick in darker shades (again, red is a great choice) until you can make your appointment to have your teeth whitened. Stay far away from light pastels, however, because they will rob your smile of brightness.
• As far as jewelry goes, silver or white is much better than gold since it is brighter. Think sparkling silver and sparkling teeth.
It might seem like having white teeth is a real chore. Honestly, you really don’t have to throw out all your pastel clothing, dye all your white shirts red or completely give your make-up bag an overhaul. Just call Dr. Kacel your dentist in Northbrook, IL and make an appointment to have your teeth whitened. Wear that dazzling smile with any color your choose. Call for your appointment today!