Causes of Discoloration
There are many reasons why teeth may become discolored over time, which can lead to patients seeking out teeth whitening services. As individuals age, their teeth can be darker or more yellow in color. Some of the more common causes of tooth discoloration include:
- Stains from Food and Beverages. Food and beverages can stain your teeth over time. Are you a coffee drinker? If you have been drinking coffee for a number of years, your teeth have probably become a few shades darker.
- Genetics. Some people are just more genetically prone to discoloration in their teeth. For these individuals, teeth whitening can be an excellent choice to help them return to their natural colored smile.
- Antibiotics. Antibiotics can cause lasting discoloration in teeth when treating other medical conditions.
- Tooth Decay. Tooth decay causes teeth to become discolored over time.
We offer a variety of teeth whitening Northbrook services. Depending upon the severity of the discoloration, the amount that you are willing to invest and the benefits that you are looking for, consider the following services;
- At Home Bleach Kits. This popular option is the bleach tray. We take an impression of your teeth to make a customized bleaching tray. Then, the tray is used to hold the bleaching gel against your teeth leading to whiter teeth.
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening. Individuals that are looking for immediate results will enjoy Zoom! Teeth Whitening. This 90 minute procedure provides instantaneous results. During the procedure, the lips and gums of the individual are separated, and special whitening gel is applied to the teeth. The gel is then activated with a specially designed light which helps to whiten exposed teeth.